Get The Look: Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show 2015
Angel Aspirations…Our Creative Director, Giovanni Vaccaro, and Director of Makeup, Kelli J Bartlett, give their expert tips to recreate the cheeky-chic hair and makeup looks seen on the 2015 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show runway. From perfectly undone waves to an ethereal barely-there glow, the look is all about fresh-faced, playful innocence.
The epitome of barely-there beauty, legendary makeup artist Dick Page had a very light-handed approach to the makeup. Skin is perfected and glowing with highlights and subtle bronzing. Lashes and brows are amplified but kept natural, eyes are wide and bright and lips are a soft, satiny rose. All about skin prep, the look focuses on a fresh, playful innocence, using all cream products instead of powders so the makeup looks like it’s coming from within, exuding an ethereal, angelic and dewy glow.
2. Follow with a light foundation, like Giorgio Armani’s Luminous Silk Foundation, applying towards the center and blending out to the sides with a big fluffy brush to mimic that flawless, airbrushed finish.
3. Apply concealer only where absolutely necessary.
4. Next, use a cream highlighter, like RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, sweeping across the center of the face to add a lively flush and fullness to the cheek.
5. Follow the highlight with a cream blush, brushing across the apples of the cheeks to amplify youthfulness.
6. Add subtle bronzer on the hollows of cheekbones, as well as the forehead and chin to create an ideal heart-shaped face.
7. For eyes, dab a little highlighter on the corners of eyes, followed by a shimmering cream shadow in a soft champagne hue applied to the center of the lid and blended into the tears duct for that innocent, wide-eyed appeal.
8. Tame brows with an eyebrow gel.
9. Curl lashes and apply a few generous coats of mascara to accentuate that doe-eyed, come-hither appearance.
10. Finish with a coat of soft, glossy rose lip color.
A dreamy blend of beachy and bombshell, this look is a mix of silky, smooth polish offset by effortless movement.
1. Start by smoothing out strands with a blowdryer and brush, using a straightening iron if hair is extra curly and kinky. This look isn’t about wind-blown texture or supreme body and bounce, rather it’s soft, silky looser waves.
2. To create these soft, slightly undone waves, use a large barrel curling iron, either 1 ¼-inch or 1 ½-inch.
3. Next take large sections and wrap them in different directions for that slight tousled feel. Keep heat on the sections for 10 seconds before releasing
4. Make sure to use a shine spray, like Kerastase Gloss Appeal, to tame, finesse and brighten strands. Finish with a volumizing spray, such as Kerastase Volume in Powder to maintain the structure of the wave and hold the look in place.