Runway Recap: Hair, Makeup and Nails at Karigam Fall 2016
Get The Look: Makeup – Edgy Smokey Eye & Flawless Face
1. Apply MAC Strobe Cream to high points of the face: tops of cheekbones, bridge of nose and bow of lip.
2. Achieve satin-looking skin using a small amount of IT Cosmetics CC Cream. 3. Using MAC Cream Colour Base in Root and Makeup Forever Brush 140, carve out the hollow of your cheekbone in a forward motion. (This should be a more straight contour as opposed to angled)
4. Using the Wander Beauty Highlight, accentuate the places where you already applied the Strobe Cream.
5. For eyes, use MAC Paint Pot in Tailor Gray, apply a generous amount on the lid, buffing out through the brow bone. Using a fluffy crease brush, blend MAC eyeshadow Coquette along brow bone and accentuate the inner crease (closest to the nose) for a center-focused look.
6. Using Charlotte Tilbury’s Rock ‘N’ Kohl eyeliner in Barbarella Brown, underline the upper waterline and buff into lashes with a small compact brush.
7. Use MAC metallic Extra Dimension Eye Shadow in Legendary Lure, place color on lid, starting from the inside and buffing out.
8. Curl lash and apply a wispy coat of mascara.
9. Brows are subtly enhanced using a color brow gel and brush.
10. Infuse a little warmth into this look by applying an auburn lipstick and follow by fading MAC Lip Pencil in Stone from the edges of your lip.
Get The Look: Hair – Super Sleek, Low Ponytail
1. Apply Oribe Gel Serum on damp hair and create a stark center part.
2. Blowdry hair with a flat or round brush, creating zero volume at the root.
3. Spray Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray on 1.5 inch sections and flatiron hair so it’s stick straight.
4. Brush hair back behind ears and place dryer sheets and clips on the sides framing your face in order to eliminate any possible volume (the dryer sheets keep the clips from creating a dent in your hair).
5. Brush all hair back and create a clean, low pony that is 1-inch above the nape of your neck.
6. Re-flatiron the hair in the pony, leaving out a ¾-inch section
7. Curl the ¾-inch section with a ¾-inch curling iron and then take the section and wrap it around the hair elastic and pin accordingly to secure in place.
9. Finish by applying a dime-sized amount of Oribe Rough Luxury Molding Wax onto your part and hairline to remove any stray hairs and flyaways.
Get The Look: Nails – Molten Gold Shimmer
1. Shape nails, push back the cuticles and add essie lotion so hands are soft and smooth.
2. Apply base coat followed by two coats of essie’s Jiggle hi, jiggle low, one layer of topcoat and a drop of quick dry.