Get the Look: Emma Roberts Glows at Coachella
Photographed by Vanity Fair, our Director of Makeup, Kelli J Bartlett, was the talented artist behind Emma Roberts’ Coachella-ready golden eyes and flawless face.
With Emma’s beyond perfect skin, Kelli’s goal was to enhance its natural glow, while giving eyes a contrasting sexy allure with an edgy gilded smolder.
Steps to recreate Emma’s dewy desert glow and golden gaze below.
- In the desert, skin is craving moisture, so the key to a creamy complexion is creating the perfect cocktail, avoiding powder when possible. Begin by prepping skin with Kiehl’s Ultra Moisture Cream, which not only hydrates, but works to constantly replenish skins’ moisture throughout the day. (Ideal for desert heat!)
- Next, layer Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow on the cheeks, nose, forehead and chin to give the skin a ‘lit from within’ glow.
- Follow with the tiniest bit of a lightweight foundation, only where needed, focusing on the center of the face.
- Sculpt the cheekbones with a cream bronzer and add a light wash of marsala-toned cream blush (I used e.l.f cosmetics cream blush palette in “bold”) for a natural flush. Highlight the cheekbones with MAC cream color base in hush, for a warm radiance.
- The eyes were the focus, giving an otherwise ethereal look a little rock-n-roll Coachella edge. Start by lining the undereye with a flash of gold. Using a flat brush like MAC’s 212 brush, apply e.l.f. cosmetics’ aqua beauty molten liquid shadow close to the lashline and into the tear duct. Apply the same shadow to the center of the lid for an extra pop.
- Next, curl lashes, which is a must for this flirty, doe-eyed look. Use the Surratt Lash Curler and add several coats of Charlotte Tilbury Full Fat Lashes.
- Finish with a little Clarins Lip Balm Crayon in Delicious Plum for a soft sexy stain.
See the story on E Online.