Get the Look: The Double Bun
No longer the topknot or ballerina, the newest bun trend is the double bun. An Instagram-favorite, this funky-chic style has a playful tomboy quality with an edgy of-the-moment appeal. Seen on street style trendsetters, socialites and celebs, this look is easy to recreate on your own, and it’s perfect to conceal dirty hair.
This style doesn’t only hide dirty strands, but it actually works better on unwashed hair. Be sure to have a wide tooth comb to detangle any knots, along with bobbi pins and hair ties. For product, I recommend Oribe Dry Texture Spray, Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray and Kerastase Laque Couture Hair Spray.
Follow these tips from our Creative Director Giovanni Vaccaro to get Ariana Grande’s half-up double bun look.
1. Start by parting your hair horizontally from ear to ear so that half of it is left down and loose.
2. Next, split the top half of your hair vertically in half (creating a center part) and clip one side.
3. Take the section you’re working with, pull hair into a ponytail and neatly create a 3-strand braid.
4. Once the braid is finished, feel free to loosen it with your hands to create more added texture and fullness.
5. Twist the braid around the base of the pony and repeat on the other side.