Runway Recap: Whimsical Waves at Rebecca Minkoff Fall/Winter 2017
Always ahead of the curve, Rebecca Minkoff broke away from the typical NYFW schedule and venues and showed her 2017 collection at The Grove in Los Angeles a week before the rest of the fashion festivities kicked-off in NYC.
For the Fall/Winter collection, she gave a nod to her Cali roots, featuring lots of color, floral prints and ruffles. The hair and makeup complemented the flirty, cool-girl vibe of the clothes. Keyed by our own, Giovanni Vaccaro, the runway strands were whimsical and diffused, leaving it feeling airy and effortless.
Channel your inner beach babe and check out Gio’s get-the-look tips below:
• Prep the hair by applying Kerastase L’incoryable Blowdry followed by Kerastase Mousse Bouffant section by section, roots to end.
• Rough dry the hair with the hands and create a clean center part.
• Make halo sections in the hair from temples to the top of the crown, and pin up using a metal clip.
• Take the interior section of the hair at the nape of the neck from ear to ear, and prep the hair for curling using Kerastase Styling VIP.
• To create whimsical curls, alternate directions while wrapping the hair using both 1” and 11⁄4“ curing irons.
• Pin curls in place in an upward direction and spray with Kerastase Laque Couture.
• Take down the halo section at the top of the head, and curl the hair away from the face.
• Brush out the curls using a tail comb and tease the ends to create a more airy, diffused texture.
• Seal the look with Kerastase Laque Couture.