Runway Recap: Backstage Beauty at Cinq à Sept Spring 2019
Always one of our favorite brands to work with, Cinq à Sept opted for a more intimate, appointment-based presentation for their Spring 2019 collection. A trio of gorgeous models showcased the looks in the garden of the cozy-chic Meadow suite at The Crosby Street Hotel.
The collection was inspired by the teams’ recent trip to Southeast Asia, where the vibrant colors, patterns and textures reflected an effortless blend of boldness and femininity. Using this as reference, our Artistic Directors, Giovanni Vaccaro and Kelli J Bartlett created hair and makeup looks to complement the effortless, youthful vibe of the collection, playing off the natural beauty of the three models. See steps below to recreate the looks on your own!
HAIR (Keyed by Giovanni Vaccaro and assisted by Bianca Bruno)
THE LOOK: Lived-in texture, playing off the models’ natural tousle.
1. Let hair air dry and then layer Bumble & Bumble Prep Primer with R + Co’s Thickening Spray all over strands.
2. Comb through to make sure every strand is coated.
3. Then, use a Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer with the Diffuser attachment on a low airflow setting to enhance the natural wave and texture.
4. Once dry, take a 1-inch curling iron and curl sections in alternating directions.
5. Use Ouai Finishing Crème on the ends and around the hairline to add shine and hydration.
6. Finish with Kerastase VIP at the root for volume and added texture.
MAKEUP (Keyed by Kelli J Bartlett and assisted by Lauren Lebowitz)
THE LOOK: Sticky, dewy and healthily flushed.
1. Start by prepping skin with a glowing primer like Becca Backlight Primer.
2. Then, conceal only where necessary, under the eyes, around the nose and address any blemishes.
3. Gel brows up and into place.
4. Then, curl the lashes and neutralize the eyelid with a little bit of concealer pressed into the eye with a damp beautyblender.
5. Add one coat only of a deep black mascara like Il Makiage Icon Mascara.
6. Using a big fluffy brush, apply Nars Dolce Vita Liquid Blush low on the cheek and blended up towards the ear.
7. Forgo powder and apply a creamy, glossy highlight like the Giorgio Armani A-Hightlight in #11 on the nose, cheekbones and cupids bow.