Runway Recap: Makeup & Manicures at Hellessy Spring 2019
Hellessy, known for redefining sexy American sportswear through a chic French lens, chose the buzzy new Manhattan restaurant, Legacy Records, to showcase their Spring 2019 collection.
This season, the brands’ designer Sylvie Millstein, infused Hellessy’s staple “cool girl” aesthetic with a feeling of summer nostalgia, tapping into beach vibes and longing for sun and sand. With this in mind, our Artistic Director created a makeup look that was warm and playful. Think bronzed, burnt and ruddy, accented with an Aperol Spritz-stained lip.
See steps below to recreate the makeup look and maintain you summer glow through fall!
1. Start by prepping skin, using a cotton round soaked in Plantioxidants Tea Tincture Toner and hitting the t-zone and lips in order to remove dead skin.
2. Then, massage a generous amount of the Plantioxidants Moisturizing Soft Cream into the skin and tap the Plantioxidants Power Seed Menagerie 3. Oil onto the tops of cheekbones and the lips.
3. Perfect the skin using a beautyblender and Too Faced Born this Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Sculpting Concealer.
4. Follow with rms Cream Bronzer to warm up the face.
5. Then, using your fingers, press Rituel de Fille Inner Glow Crème Pigment in Delirium onto the cheeks.
6. For the lips, use MAC So Chaud Lipstick and press the pigment into lips with your finger, using the remaining to swipe onto your cheeks for added intensity.
7. Finish the look by adding a spray of freckles to the center of the face (nose & cheeks) with a tiny wet brush and a medium gray-brown shadow.
For nails, the designer chose a sweet, sheer, pinky-nude hue to go with the youthful and effortless aesthetic. See steps below to recreate the model mani.
1. Start by shaping the nails in a soft round shape.
2.Hydrate the cuticle with oil, followed with a quick massage using essie’s ‘many many mani’ lotion to soften the hands.
3. After cleansing the nail plate, apply one coat of essie’s base coat, ‘First Base.’
4. Next, apply two coats of essie’s ‘Sugar Daddy’ polish — a sweet, pink shade.
5.Follow with one layer of essie’s topcoat, ‘Good To Go.’
6.Finish with quick dry drops to accelerate the drying time.