Susanna Quinn’s Spring Picks
Are you suffering from post-holiday blues and looking forward to spring? Here is a list of some of my favorite things to help chase away the winter blues and get you ready for spring and summer! Treat yourself, a friend or your partner — or forward along with a wink and maybe they will treat you!!!
1) A package of Pilates classes at RTR. One of my 2019 resolutions was to exercise every day. One of the strongest women I know physically, mentally and intellectually, Jennifer Griffin, recently introduced me to Pilates. I couldn’t believe that I had never tried it! My entire body feels stronger, leaner and more flexible after a handful of classes. Tip: My favorite teacher is Julie Smith.
2) I love ENSMBL legging. They are comfortable, fashionable and reasonable at $79. Buy a pair of leggings and get a free top!
3) I am loving the Stella McCartney for Adidas trainers.
4) How much do you love this sweatshirt? Comfy to wear over workout clothes but can also dress up a pair of leather leggings!
5) My friends, Ed and Shirley, gave me these super fly reading glasses for my birthday. They found them in a boutique in Beverly Hills but you can get them here! Izipizi also makes “screen” glasses which filter out 40% of the blue light emitted from screens!
6) I got these gorgeous earrings from my friend, Stephanie, for my birthday. They look like estate jewelry and are so lightweight!
7) I am a sucker for big scarves and soft throws. This Sferra blanket from Salt and Sundry is perfect to curl up in and watching A Star is Born for the fifteenth time!
8) Pick a favorite couples photo, have it framed at Framebridge and write a love letter to go with it!
9) A perfect way to bring people together that does NOT involve screens is puzzling. Our family has been loving Liberty Puzzles. The pieces are cut into amazing and whimsical shapes. Great fun to do with family and awesome gift!
DATE NIGHT: I talked to so many people over the holidays and date night with their partner was by far the most requested gift. So gents, give your lady a Glamsquad gift certificate and make reservations at a romantic restaurant. The Dabney, Iron Gate, Kingbird at the Watergate, Marcel’s, Buck’s, The Prime Rib, Blue Duck, Fiola, Del Mar, Chez Billy Sud are a few suggestions.
1) My coolest cat style maven friend, Kate Bennett, has a dreamy locket from Penny Preville. Like this one!
2) My fashion-forward 20- something friend was wearing these shoes over the holidays and I am crazy about them. Love the comfy stylish heel!
3) I must really be into Gucci these days. With security precautions requiring see-through bags at sporting events and concerts, here is a stylish option!
MEN’S WISH LIST FOR ANYTIME:
I asked a news anchor, a real estate developer, a tennis pro, a politician, a national security journalist, a lawyer, a tech founder, a bon vivant and a long list of others and here are their answers:
1) Tickets to sporting events.
2) High end – Shinola bicycle. More reasonable – a bike by Lekker, PUBLIC or Sole
3) A Segway nine-bit scooter
4) Sex (most common response)
5) Romantic date night
6) For my wife to not spend money
7) Take my shoes to a cobbler and get them all shined for me
8) Let me go skydiving
9) A guys weekend
11) A Date. (Eligible, total Renaissance guy in his 40s – hit me up for more details)
Happy almost Spring everyone!!