How to Get Healthy Hair at Home
Everyone knows that nothing feels better than a good hair day, but not everyone knows that it can be every day. Yes, it’s possible! All you need is a steady routine and the right products. When revamping your usual self care regime, what better place to start than your roots? It’s time to nourish that winter hair back to health just in time for spring. Our Artistic Director of hair, Giovanni Vaccaro, shares the best routines and the perfect product picks for a healthy mane you can get at home:
1) Use a color treated shampoo and conditioner.
Product Pick: Oribe’s shampoo and conditioner for Beautiful Color.
2) Use a treatment mask
Product Pick: Briogeo’s hair mask Don’t Despair, Repair!
3) Try a Glaze
Product Pick: Living Proof’s Color Care Whipped Glaze.
“Use as a leave-in to get manageability and to boost the vibrancy of your tone,” he suggests.
1) Use a scalp clarifying shampoo.
Product Pick: Amika’s Scalp Clarifying Gel Shampoo
2) Use a dry shampoo to refresh your style and absorb oil and build up.
Product Pick: Glamsquad’s In-Between dry shampoo
1) Use a soothing, anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner.
Product Pick: Oribe Serene Scalp shampoo and conditioner.
2) Use a scalp detox treatment once a week to help.
Product Pick: “I love Shea Moisture African Black Soap Tonic Treatment to spray all over before you shampoo.”
1) Use a moisturizing cream.
Product Pick: Waterfall by R and CO moisture and shine lotion.
2) Use a hair treatment once a week, or as needed.
Product Pick: Glamsquad’s Re-Treat hair treatment
1) Use the right shampoo.
Product Pick: Tresemme Split Remedy shampoo
2) Use a serum to seal your ends.
Product Pick: Alterna Caviar anti-aging serum
Knots and tangles
1) Use a conditioner always and use a hair primer.
Product Pick: It’s a 10 Leave In Product
2) Use a detangling brush.
Product Pick: “GSQ by Glamsquad makes an amazing affordable one.”
1) Use a smoothing shampoo.
Product Pick: Living Proof No Frizz shampoo
2) Use a treatment mask.
Product Pick: Glamsquad Re-Treat hair treatment.
3) Use a leave in conditioner if you are wearing your hair natural.
Product Pick: Ouai’s Leave in Conditioner
4) Use a blowout lotion if you are blowing out your hair.
Product Pick: Glamsquad’s The Iconic blowout lotion.