How To: Beachy Waves
Looking for windswept waves and that post-ocean texture, but can’t make it to the beach? We’ve got you covered! Our Artistic Director, Giovanni Vaccaro, shares his simple steps (and the best Glamsquad products!) to achieve the ultimate beach wave anytime, anywhere:
Bombshell Beach Waves
1) Prep the hair by applying a heat protectant, like Glamsquad’s The Iconic, followed by a volumizing mousse, like Glamsquad’s Full Effect, section by section, roots to end.
2) Rough dry your hair with your hands and create a clean center part.
3) Make halo sections in your hair from temples to the top of your crown, and pin up using a metal clip.
4) Take the interior section of the hair at the nape of your neck from ear to ear, and prep the hair for curling using a texturizing spray, like Glamsquad’s The Untamed.
5) To create whimsical curls, alternate directions while wrapping the hair using both 1” and 1 1⁄4“ curing irons.
6) Pin curls in place in an upward direction and spray with a flexible hairspray, like Glamsquad’s Take Hold.
7) Take down the halo section at the top of the head, and curl the hair away from the face.
8) Brush out the curls using a tail comb and tease the ends to create a more airy, diffused texture.
9) Seal the look with Glamsquad’s Beachy Wave Spray!
Photos courtesy of Pinterest